It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: How sick some Republicans really are!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:10 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

JeffT wrote:

Shadow, abortions that are utilized due to rape, incest, or medical necessity only add up to less than 2% of all abortions performed. All other reasons are vanity or convenience related.

2 % that we KNOW of. It may be a lot more, but the shame and ignorance involved keeps many more silent. I agree that way too many abortions are done b/c it's an inconvenience. But should it be legal? I believe it should. Prevention should be everyone's responsibility.
Why, in this day and age, are we still beating this horse, when we need jobs, and environmental protection? Akin is an idiot. But.....his statement should not even amount to this kind of press when the REAL issues are being put on the back burner. Can't both parties come up with solutions instead of all this negative shit?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Well said Shadow! Along those same lines, do we need to beat these dead political horses further to death here on BT? It seems we have a few that just cant resist...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:56 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I am confused. This country is in need of foster families and adoptive families. I was just wondering if these same men and women who are against abortion are on a list to adopt or foster these children???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Some of us have. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Patton wrote:
I am confused. This country is in need of foster families and adoptive families. I was just wondering if these same men and women who are against abortion are on a list to adopt or foster these children???

It's not the poor ppl, welfare ppl, who are getting the abortions. Why should they? Everything is paid for. no worries....have a$ many a$ you can! And when you get sick of your spawn, or ruin them with physical, sexual, and or mental abuse, neglect, etc, throw them at society to take care of, aka fostercare.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:47 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Patton wrote:

Ok, let me get this straight, if we're against abortion it is our responsibility to take care of the children of people that don't want one, not their own responsibility to not get knocked up in the first place? So if I were against the death penalty I should be responsible to house and take care of criminals? Same logic right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Jeff, I always enjoy and respect your post, but I am not making the connection between innocent children and murderers. There is no logic in comparing innocent children and murderers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:54 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Patton wrote:
Jeff, I always enjoy and respect your post, but I am not making the connection between innocent children and murderers. There is no logic in comparing innocent children and murderers.

SO AGREE!
I know so many "liberals" that are pro-abortion, and anti death penalty at the same time! Why, the pro-abortionists don't even like the word "abortion", so they hide behind "Pro-CHOICE!
I propose we call the death penalty something kinder. like "Living impaired sentence."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:17 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Shadow wrote:
I know so many "liberals" that are pro-abortion, and anti death penalty at the same time! Why, the pro-abortionists don't even like the word "abortion", so they hide behind "Pro-CHOICE!

Shadow, I've been a liberal probably longer than you have been alive and I've NEVER met a liberal who was "PRO-abortion"! I seriously believe there is anybody who would call themselves "pro-abortionists". You just have quite an odd circle of friends!

It would be saying because someone once got at root-canal they were "pro-root-canal".

I can't believe ANYBODY WANTS to get an abortion.

Fighting for the right to terminate an early pregnancy don't mean you are in favor of abortions.

This is something one must decide on a personal basis. If you know somebody or several people who ENJOY getting abortions, I suggest you make new friends!

All of the liberals I know hate the idea of abortions just as much as anybody ... BUT they respect the rights of those who feel an abortion is necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:34 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Patton wrote:

I'm just trying to find the logic behind people telling me that if I am against abortion I should step up and adopt all of those children. Yes the whole death penalty is far fetched, but rather than the responsibility falling onto people who made the bad choices, why should it fall on me?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

You are right JeffT! The only people who should be forced to adopt are those who want to force woman to bear children for whatever reason they don't want to or can't provide for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:17 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
You are right JeffT! The only people who should be forced to adopt are those who want to force woman to bear children for whatever reason they don't want to or can't provide for.

Exactly WHO would that be? I'm not aware that ANYONE would "force a woman to bear children". Most of us just expect a little personal responsibility of those who negligently conceive and then expect the rest of us to pay for their "mistakes", either to murder their child against our consciences, or to endlessly support their children AND their poor choices in personal behavior.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next