It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A labor day message for career wellies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I borrowed this from a facebook friend and thought it should be shared here on BT... "Labor Day is here, so please if you are one of those who make a lifetime career of living off the system take the time to thank a taxpaying worker. Thank them for driving to work on the icy roads while you sip your coffee at home in your PJs. Thank them for passing their drug tests so they can keep working and paying in while you party all weekend. Thank them for standing behind you in line at the grocery store holding their coupons after working an 8-12 hour day while all you have to do is swipe your card and it's all free. Yes we do see your cases of pop and chips..real nutritious for the kids. Thank the worker for busting their butts to maintain jobs with mediocre at best health insurance. While you are running to the emergency room for the sniffles because its all paid for - a hardworking tax paying citizen is deciding if they can afford to go to the ER for a broken bone. This is the ONE Holiday that is devoted to the WORKING men and women of this country. Be sure to thank them for working so that you don't have to because after all....if we ALL decide to stop working you would probably starve. BTW I have nothing against those who come upon hardtimes and have help from the government to see them through while they are looking for another job. I do have a problem with those who use government assistance as a lifetime career and continue to have children that arent cared for properly just to keep on swiping. ALL you WORKING people -Have a GREAT long weekend!"

Post subject: Re: A labor day message for career wellies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:09 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

WOW! I had no idea people perceived that to be a problem outside the city limits of Bradford, Pennsylvania. I hope that does not make the Bradford working holdouts feel less special and start bitching less, I still need entertained. (*working holdouts* = those who have not moved from Bradford like I did)

Post subject: Re: A labor day message for career wellies
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:42 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I celebrated today by not working due to my place of work being closed, and not being payed for it. They do not believe in Holiday pay. I guess they feel that that would be enabling us! I do however, feel bad b/c my paycheck will be 8 hours less. That's less I can give to my welfare buddies! Sorry welfare buddies! Hopefully i can make it up to you another week, when we get swamped, and I put in extra hours! :D